I hate to admit it, but I’m a little late to the game. With five books published between two pen names, I’ve missed out on an important part of marketing my books prior to release. I guess they say better late than never, right? Well, here it goes!
What is an ARC?
An ARC is an advanced review copy. It is a copy of a book (ebook or print) that is intended for marketing and review purposes. Advanced review copies can’t be sold and are given to bloggers, reviewers and booksellers for review and to help generate excitement about a book before it comes out.
An ARC is meant to be a way for you to receive a free book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. It’s also a good way for you to support authors by being involved prior to release. You’re getting a chance to read something before the general public.
Which books am I applying for?
This application will allow you to be considered for ALL the ARCs I decide to send out. My hope is that ALL of my future books will be sent out as ARCs, but with my writing schedule, sometimes I just don’t have the time to allow people the time to review prior to release.
However, I might choose to still send the ARC out just before release.
When will you be sending the ARCs?
If everything goes according to plan, they will be sent out at least 2 weeks prior to the release date. However, as stated above, in the case where I run out of time, ARCs might not be sent out in advance as planned.
How many ARCs are you giving out?
At this time, I am not sure about the maximum number. However, I plan to send out at least 25 ARCs per novel.
Are all ARC applications guaranteed?
No. I’ve designed the application to narrow down which books will be sent to readers who are chosen to receive ARCs. Depending on the number of applications I receive, readers who are chosen, could be selected to receive one or more of my upcoming books.
How will you send out the ARC?
For security reasons, all ARCs will be sent directly to kindle apps / devices.
The instructions for adding my email as an approved sender to your kindle can be found at the amazon links below, and has also been included on the application.
Will I be paid for my review?
No. There is no financial compensation for your review.
What happens if receive an ARC and can’t leave a review by the deadline?
First of all, I get it!!! Life tends to dictate whether things we “planned” can actually happen as planned. Contact me immediately, so that I know not to expect your review on time.
- ARCs will be in ebook format only
- Review copies will be limited (at least 25 per book)
- Review copies are for your eyes only and the content is not to be shared publicly in any way.
- There is no financial compensation for reviews.
- Based on a few of the questions asked in the form, you may be contacted for a number of different reviews.
- You will be contacted prior to an ARC being sent out that you have been selected to receive a copy.
- If selected you will receive your book via Kindle (the kindle app is free on your phone or computer, no need to own a kindle). To receive the ebook this way you will need (1) a valid kindle email address (2) follow the instructions on the form, or at the links in the section regarding how the ARC will be sent out.
If you’re interested, please fill out the form here: ARCs
If that link doesn’t work, the google form can be found here: https://forms.gle/YynpMdZmU3NMiNoF8